Alzheimer's and Other Dementia Memory Care in Dallas, Texas
Is it more than just forgetfulness?
Normal, age-related memory loss doesn’t prevent a person from leading a full, productive life. For a some people, what starts as mild forgetfulness develops into dementia — a group of symptoms affecting intellectual and social abilities severely enough to interfere with daily functioning. Different types of dementia exist, depending on the cause. Alzheimer’s disease is most common. In North Dallas, you can find unparalleled help with memory care at Presbyterian Village North.
Bridging Time Memory Care Programming
This unique approach to care recognizes that whatever the cause of memory loss, it affects the whole person as well as their family. Over the span of a long life, memory and cognitive challenges open a gap, and a vital part of the person may be left behind. Our brand of care remembers this past, celebrates the present and embraces the future of every memory resident. We do this through support and resources for families, educational forums, and the highest-quality, resident-centered care available.
Bridging Time is a daily celebration of who residents were and who they are now. A bridge connecting the richness of days gone by with the individuality of their unique character today.
For a limited time, Presbyterian Village North is offering discounted pricing on our memory care residences. Call 1-800-400-4130 to schedule a private tour.
- Licensed nursing staff on site 24/7
- Medication administration
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Chef-prepared cuisine to meet special dietary needs
- Access to a full continuum of care
- Special activities and socialization programming
- Exercise to help maintain motor coordination with activities such as Tai Chi, yoga and chair fitness
- Music therapy to stimulate memory and create uplifting feelings
- Art therapy to enhance fine motor coordination
- Cognitive therapy using games, books and trivia to boost brain function and strengthen the mind
- Well-designed studio apartment residences
- Comfortable, relaxing common living areas
- Dining venue specifically appointed to address the needs of residents
- Secure garden courtyard with outdoor seating and dining areas
- Protected, outdoor walking path
- Beauty salon/barbershop
Contact us with the form below for details about our newest memory care residences, or call 1-800-400-4130 to schedule a private tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Patients who are cognitively challenged, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, require more attention and a higher level of security than residents in assisted living. Memory care residences at The Village are carefully designed to ensure that residents feel safe and secure. Our program is structured to build confidence in an environment that promotes choice and celebrates accomplishments through familiar schedules and surroundings.
Dementia refers to the loss of cognitive functions (thinking, reasoning, the ability to remember) that are severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily functioning. This group of symptoms is not a disease per se, but may accompany certain diseases or conditions. Dementia is irreversible when caused by disease or certain injuries. It may be partially or fully reversible when caused by lifestyle choices, depression or imbalances in certain substances, such as hormones or vitamins.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia. It is a progressive, degenerative disease of the brain, characterized by loss of function and death of nerve cells in several brain areas, leading to loss of recent memories and new learning first, and eventually old memories, too.